Road Safety Week
Download as (PDF 220.2 KB)
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Information on how to enter and the prize(s) form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Entry is open to Queensland residents aged 18 years and older (“Entrants”).
- Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- The promotion commences at 9:00am AEST on 26/08/2018 and closes at 9:00pm AEST on 01/09/2018 (“Promotional Period”). These Terms and Conditions take effect from the commencement date and time.
- To enter the promotion, Entrants must, using their own registered account, post an image to Twitter, Instagram or Facebook of themselves and include the hashtag #SpeakUpSelfie.
- Entries via Facebook, Twitter and Instagram must be visible to the public.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Entrants (including an Entrant’s identity) by contacting the Entrant via direct message on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify or remove any post by any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved. Errors and omissions in an entry may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion.
- Multiple entries will be accepted. However, they must all be uploaded to either Instagram, Twitter or Facebook separately using the Entrant’s own registered account.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an Entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the Entrant by contacting the Entrant via direct message on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
- All valid entries will be reviewed and judged by the Promoter on 06/09/2018 at Level 2, 164 Grey Street, South Brisbane, Queensland. The winner will be determined by the Promoter based on random selection.
- The winner will be notified via the Entrant’s Facebook, Twitter or Instagram account by direct message on 06/09/2018. The Entrant will be required to provide the Promoter with their full name, nominated postal address and any other information reasonably required in order to award and deliver the prize to the winner.
- There will be one (1) winner, as determined by the Promoter.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner will receive a Personalised Plates Queensland (PPQ) gift voucher to the value of $500 for PPQ personalised plates to be used and redeemed in accordance with the PPQ terms at https://www.ppq.com.au/giftvouchers/terms (to the extent as modified by these Terms and Conditions). The PPQ gift voucher will be valid for 12 months from the date of purchase by the Promoter or as otherwise notified by the Promoter or PPQ.
- Once verified as a winner by the Promoter in accordance with clause 11 above, the prize PPQ gift voucher will be despatched to the winner within 20 working days from 06/09/2018, and will be sent via registered mail to the winner’s nominated address.
- Total prize is to the value of $500 as a PPQ gift card voucher only.
- The Prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
Entrants agree that they are fully responsible for any materials they submit via the promotion including but not limited to comments, recordings and images (“Content”). The Promoter shall not be liable in any way for such Content to the full extent permitted by law. The Promoter may remove or decline to publish any Content without notice for any reason whatsoever. Entrants warrant and agree that:
Without limiting any other terms herein, the Entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter for any breach of the above terms.
- they will not submit any Content that is unlawful or fraudulent, or that the Promoter may deem in breach of any intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights, defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, not suitable for children aged under 18 years old, or otherwise unsuitable for publication;
- their Content shall not contain viruses or cause injury or harm to any person or entity;
- they have obtained prior consent from any person or from the owner(s) of any property that appears in their Content;
- they will obtain full prior consent from any person who has jointly created or has any rights in the Content to the uses contemplated by these Terms and Conditions, and the Content does not infringe the rights of any third party;
- they consent and have obtained any relevant third party consents to any use of the Content which may otherwise infringe the Content creator’s moral rights pursuant to the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) and warrant that they have the full authority to grant these rights; and
- they will not and will not cause the Promoter to contravene any applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation, those governing copyright, defamation, privacy and will not access or use others' computer or communication systems.
- As a condition of entering this promotion, each Entrant licenses and grants to the Promoter, its affiliates and sub-licensees a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display the Content in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability.
- Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome) and for any of the uses stated in these Terms and Conditions including use for future similar promotions and associated publicity purposes of the Promoter.
- If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any Entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Qld), as well as any other implied warranties under similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion including but not limited to: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or Entrant; or (f) attendance at the prize event.
- Entry and continued participation in the promotion is dependent on Entrants following and acting in accordance with the Facebook, Instagram and Twitter Statement of Rights and Responsibilities, which can be viewed at:
- This promotion is in no way sponsored or endorsed by Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. Entrants understand that while they are providing their Content and information to the Promoter; Facebook, Instagram or Twitter will have rights to use the Content and information in accordance with Facebook, Instagram or Twitter terms which can be viewed at clause 24 of these Terms and Conditions. The Content and information an Entrant provides will only be used by the Promoter for the purposes outlined in these Terms and Conditions. Any questions, comments or complaints about this promotion must be directed to the Promoter.
- The Promoter is the State of Queensland represented by Department of Transport and Main Roads (ABN 39 407 690 291) of Floor 11, 61 Mary Street, Brisbane City QLD 4000.