Cooperative and Automated Vehicles Survey – Participant Prize Draw
By completing the Cooperative and Automated Vehicles Survey (“the Survey”) and agreeing to enter the draw to win one of ten $50.00 pre-paid Myer Gift Cards (“the Promotion”), you agree to the following terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions)”:
The Promoter is the State of Queensland represented by Department of Transport and Main Roads (ABN 39 407 690 291) of Floor 11, 61 Mary Street, Fortitude Valley QLD 4000.
- Information on how to enter the Promotion and the prize(s) form part of these Terms and Conditions.
- By entering the Promotion you are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
- If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and anything else that refers to this competition, these Terms and Conditions will prevail.
Who can enter
- Entry is open to Queensland residents aged 17 years and older (“Entrants”).
- Employees (and their immediate families) of the Queensland Department of Transport and Main Roads (“Promoter”) are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- By entering the Promotion, you are providing consent for the Promoter to use your personal information to determine your eligibility to win the Promotion and contact you if you are the winner. You acknowledge and agree that if you are selected as the winner your name and the winning image will be posted on the Promoter’s website as well as its related Queensland Government websites or social media pages.
- Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this Promotion (including any outcome) and for any of the uses stated in these Terms and Conditions including use for future similar competitions or promotions and associated publicity purposes of the Promoter.
When and How to Enter
- The Promotion commences at 9:00am AEST on Thursday 28 September 2017 and closes at 11:00am AEST on Thursday 26 October 2017 (“Promotional Period”).
- These Terms and Conditions take effect from the commencement date and time of the Promotional Period.
- To enter the Promotion, Entrants must, during the Promotional Period:
- complete the Cooperative and Automated Vehicles Survey (“Survey”); and
- answer ‘yes’ to Part J, question J1 which asks if the entrant wishes to enter the draw for a chance to win a prize; and
- provide at least their first name, and email address or phone number to the Promoter.
- An entry complying with clauses 3 and 4 will be a valid entry and will qualify for the prize draw.
- Entries which do not comply with the minimum requirements in clauses 3 and 4 will be deemed invalid and will not be entered in the Promotion.
- Multiple entries are not permitted and will not be accepted.
- The Promoter’s decision in relation to any aspects of the Promotion including the validity of entries is binding and the Promoter will not enter into any correspondence regarding the result.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and Entrants (including an Entrant’s identity) by contacting the Entrant via the phone number and/or email address they supplied in Survey question Part J, question J1 and requiring an Entrant to produce photographic identification.
- The Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter believes has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper conduct in relation to the Promotion.
- Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter reserves all of its rights including rights to any relief against such an offender.
- Errors and omissions in an entry may be accepted at the Promoter's sole discretion.
The Prize Draw
- The prize draw will take place at the Promoter’s premises at Floor 11, 61 Mary Street, Fortitude Valley QLD 4000 by 4pm AEST, Tuesday 31 October 2017.
- The Entrants acknowledge that the prize draw is a game of chance and skill plays no part in determining the outcome.
- There will be ten (10) winners, selected at random by the Promoter (“the Winners”).
- The Winners will be notified via the phone number and/or email address they supplied in Survey question Part J, question J1.
- Upon notification, the Winners will be required to provide the Promoter with their full names, nominated postal addresses and any other information reasonably required by the Promoter in order to award and deliver the prizes.
- Each Winner will receive a pre-paid Myer Gift Card to the value of $50.00. The pre-paid Myer Gift Card will be valid for 12 months from the date of purchase by the Promoter or as otherwise notified by the Promoter.
- Once verified as a Winner by the Promoter in accordance with clause 6.4 above, the prize will be despatched to the Winner within 20 business days from such notification, and will be sent via registered mail to the Winner’s nominated address.
- The total value of the prize available to each Winner is to the value of $50.00 as a pre-paid Myer Gift Card only.
- The Prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
- If the Promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any Entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Promotion, as appropriate.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion including but not limited to: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter or Winner respectively) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by the Winner or Entrant; or (f) attendance at the prize event.
- The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, internet failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
- The Promotor abides by the Information Privacy Act 2009 when managing personal information. The Promoter (collects personal information ("PI") of the Entrant and the Winner including the Winner’s name, nominated postal address and such other information as stated in these Terms and Conditions to award the prize to the Winner or to verify an entry.
- The Entrant’s PI as disclosed on or through the Promoter’s Survey will also be collected. The Promoter will for the purposes of the Promotion only, disclose such PI to third parties, including to agents, contractors, service providers and prize suppliers in order to award the prize to the Winner.
- Information about how Entrants may access, update or correct their PI is available at http://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/About-us/Right-to-Information/How-do-I-access-information. All entries become the property of the Promoter. This promotion is conducted using Qualtrics Survey Management which is based in Sydney, Australia. PI provided by Entrants will be transferred to Qualtrics servers and data centers in Australia. By entering this promotion, Entrants consent to this transfer. The Promoter will not otherwise use, disclose or transfer PI except as permitted at law.
- If you have any queries concerning this competition or these terms and conditions, please contact ITS_Projects@tmr.qld.gov.au.